Doink Discusses Completing WWE Sponsored Rehab, Missy Hyatt Interview, More
— The lovely Missy Hyatt appeared on the Inside the Squared Circle podcast to discuss Wrestlers Rescue, PCW, visiting Chicago, her 24/7 website (www.missyhyatt247.com) and more. Also, find out her reaction to the show’s host asking her out on a date. To listen to the interview, click here.
— MATT BORNE TALKS ABOUT HIS RUN AS DOINK THE CLOWN, RECENTLY COMPLETING A WWE SPONSORED REHAB, HOW HE WAS ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED TO WRESTLE HULK HOGAN AT WRESTLEMANIA 9, RETURNING TO WWE FOR THE RAW 15TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW, HIS RETURN TO THE RING 3/27 IN FREEHOLD, NJ DEBUTING HIS NEW CHARACTER REBORNE AGAIN, THOUGHTS ON OTHERS WHO PLAYED THE DOINK CHARACTER, AND MUCH MORE THIS WEEK ON WHO’S SLAMMING WHO
Tommy Fierro sits down with Matt Borne this week on Who’s Slamming Who for a 40 minute interview talking about his return to the ring at ISPWMANIA on March 27th in Freehold, NJ when he debuts his “Reborne Again” character against “Dirty” Dutch Mantell in a Legends Match.
Borne is very candid in this interview and talks about a number of different topics, including: wrestling in the first ever WrestleMania against Ricky Steamboat, how at the time he thought WrestleMania was just another show, his thoughts of his WrestleMania 9 match against Crush, Shawn Michaels informing him that he was scheduled to wrestle Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 9 but Hogan turned it down, another wrestler who turned down wrestling him at WrestleMania 9 and how he got fired because of it, the original finish for his WrestleMania 9 match against Crush that would have been out of this world, why the finish of that match got changed, his thoughts on being a part of early Monday Night Raws, his thoughts on how big Raw has become since then, his thoughts on Undertaker and Shawn Michaels’ long careers in WWE, how himself and Vince McMahon were the only two who first believed in the Doink The Clown character, why the Doink character was given to him, how much input he had in the Doink The Clown character, his thoughts on Steve Keirn doing the Doink The Clown character, his thoughts on Ray Apollo doing the Doink The Clown character and why he felt bad for him, his thoughts on the Dink character, if he would have liked to have a babyface run as Doink The Clown, his thoughts on Borne Again in ECW, how he feels Paul Heyman is NOT a genius, returning to WWE at the Raw 15th Anniversary show, which wrestlers of today’s generation he enjoys watching, his thoughts on John Cena, if he would like to be an agent for WWE, completing a WWE sponsored rehab, his past demons which led him to the WWE sponsored rehab, and so much more. This is one interview you DO NOT want to miss!
You can listen to the interview now at: WhosSlammingWho.podomatic.com
For further information about Matt Borne’s return to the ring on March 27th in Freehold, NJ for ISPWMANIA, visit: ISPWLive.com
— New York State Wrestling Federation 3/3 Update
– The NYSWF Pro Wrestling event in New Rochelle, NY event appears to be the place to be on Sat. March 20 at New Rochelle High School as evidenced by recent ticket sales.
– Former WWE Superstar Trevor Murdoch will be challenged by Danny Inferno. Inferno has held several regional titles in his career in addition to spending time in two former WWE developmental territories, Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) and Deep South Wrestling(DSW).
– Two World Famous Mexican Mini Wrestlers are making their New York debuts on March 20 when Mascarita Dorada takes on Pierrothito. This match also serves as a high-stakes battle between New Rochelle Sports Hero Mario Scarano & Mamaroneck’s own John Miele. Dorada will be managed by Scarano while Pierrothito will have Miele in his corner. Special stipulations have been placed as if Dorada loses, Scarano must wear a dress and if Pierrothito loses, Miele must get shaved bald in the center of the ring.
– Visit www.youtube.com/nyswf for the latest videos hyping the March 20 New Rochelle, NY event.
– The Independent Superstars of Professional Wrestling (ISPW) Heavyweight Championship will be defended on March 20 in New Rochelle as champion Judas Young takes on Josh Daniels. This match could directly impact ISPWMania the following week on March 27 in Freehold, NJ when Young faces off against Danny Inferno and Crowbar in a three way dance for the ISPW title.
– No one has any clue what WWE Hall of Famer “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka has in store for the NYSWF on March 20 as he serves as the Special Guest Host for the evening’s matches.
– Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion & ECW star, Nunzio will be challenged by Steve Off on March 20. This is Off’s first appearance for the NYSWF and a decisive victory against Nunzio could prove to be the turning point in his career.
– Tickets for the March 20 New Rochelle, NY show are available online at www.nyswfwrestling.com or by visiting Jan Mar Trophy, 524 North Ave., New Rochelle, NY. Reserved seating tickets are selling fast, so buy in advance.