WWE RAW Results (2/19): Go-Home Episode For The Elimination Chamber
The February 19th edition of WWE RAW airs live from the Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ.
Click Here: Putters
– Roman Reigns comes out to the ring first to kick off tonight’s episode of WWE RAW. Reigns steps into the ring with Renee Young for an interview about the upcoming Elimination Chamber. Reigns says he knows all about the Elimination Chambers, and he is the only one in this upcoming match who has a chance against WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. Seth Rollins interrupts, and the first match of the night begins.
– Gauntlet Match: Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, John Cena, Elias, Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, The Miz: Rollins and Reigns start this one off, with some stalling off the opening bell. Reigns takes Rollins down with a headlock and tries to keep him grounded. Rollins starts fighting back, then they back off and face off in the middle of the ring as fans pop. Rollins starts taking control and goes for a flying springboard dropkick off the top, but Reigns hits a Superman punch out of nowhere and drops Rollins. After an exchange of pin attempts, Rollins rolls up Reigns in a small package and steals the three count. Reigns has been eliminated from the gauntlet. Reigns and Rollins slowly get to their feet and go for the handshake.
Cena’s music hits and he’s next. Cena hits the ring and Rollins immediately drops him and covers for a one count. Rollins works on keeping Cena grounded, but Cena finally fights back and drops him for a two count. Rollins tries to come back, but Cena drops him and hits a boot to the face. Cena throws Rollins outside, and Rollins comes back in at the referee’s 9 count. Cena immediately drops Rollins again and then hits three belly-to-belly suplexes for a two count. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment, but Rollins slides out and hits a DDT for a two count. They trade blows in the middle of the ring, then Cena hits a fireman’s carry into a stunner for a two count. Rollins fights his way up but Cena knocks him right back down and talks some trash as the ref cehcks on Rollins. Rollins gets in Cena’s face and they unload with strikes until Cena drops him with an elbow to the face. Cena throws Rollins outside again, and Rollins slides back in at the 9 count once again. They brawl out to ringside again, where Cena misses a shot and crashes into the ring steps by himself. Both men are down until the referee’s 9 count. Back in the ring, Rollins drops Cena and goes up top. Rollins hits the frogsplash off the top for a two count. They slowly fight up to their feet and Cena comes back with an AA. Cena pins but gets a very close 2 count. Cena can’t believe he didn’t get the pin. Cena goes up top, but Rollins runs up and catches him with a superplex. Rollins immediately follows up with a Falcon Arrow for a 2 count. Both men are down, and Cena locks in the STF. Rollins escapes, but then misses a kick and Cena locks the STF right back in. Rollins reaches the ropes to break it, then rolls outside. Rolls gets on the apron, and Cena carries him up to the top turnbuckle. Cena looks for a super AA, but Rollins elbows his way out. Cena knocks Rollins down and goes for a Cross Body, but Rollins rolls through and hits an AA of his own on Cena. Cena kicks out at 2. Rollins climbs up top for a Phoenix Splash, but Cena rolls out of the way. Cena follows up with an AA, then goes for a second AA, but Rollins escapes. Rollins hits a flying knee, then a curb stomp for the three count.
Elias is in next, and he immediately hits the ring and starts stomping on Rollins and looking for pin attempts. As Elias is beating on Rollins, we see an interview backstage with Cena, where he puts over how great Rollins is. Cena says Rollins wants to be the best on RAW, but Cena has more on his plate to balance, and he needs to win on Sunday if he wants to go to WrestleMania. Back in the ring, Elias is working over Rollins’ knee and keeping him grounded. Rollins tries to fight back, but he’s too exhausted from fighting Reigns and Cena for an hour, and Elias drops him for a three count. Rollins is eliminated.
Finn Balor is in next, and Elias immediately takes the fight to him when he steps in the ring. Renee Young is backstage with Rollins for an interview, where Rollins says beating Cena and Reigns tonight means nothing if he loses on Sunday. Back in the ring, Elias is working over Elias’ shoulder now after a failed Coup De Grace attempt. Balor tries to mount a comeback, but Elias stuns him with an elbow to the face. They trade strikes now and the fight spills outside. Balor dropkicks Elias into the corner, then takes him back in the ring for a Slingblade. They go back and forth, until they fight to ringside again and Elias shoves Balor into the ring post. Back in the ring, Elias looks to continue beating on Balor, but Balor drops him and successfully hits the Coup De Grace for the three count. Elias has been eliminated.
The Miz’ music hits next, but Dallas and Axel come down the ramp instead. While Balor is distracted looking at them, The Miz runs in and attacks Balor from behind. Miz beats down Balor now inside the ring and outside, and works over Balor’s bad shoulder. Dallas and Axel are watching from ringside. Elias does an interview in the back saying he’s got the biggest advantage on Sunday, and will go on to put on the performance of his life at WrestleMania later on. Back in the ring, The Miz hits a series of kicks on Balor, until Balor ducks one and fires back with chops and punches. Balor hits a dropkick and an inverted DDT for a two count. Balor works over Miz in the corner now with a series of strikes. Miz starts fighting back now, but misses a kick and Balor rolls him up. Balor misses a shot, and Miz goes for the Skull Crushing Finale but Balor escapes. Dallas hits a cheap shot from ringside on Balor while the ref isn’t looking. Balor ducks a clothesline from Miz, then hits a suicide dive onto Axel and Dallas at ringside for revenge on the Miztourage. Balor gets back on the apron and kicks Miz in the head and drops him. Dallas and Axel get up on the apron but Balor kicks them off. The distraction leads to Miz hitting a cheap shot on Balor, then the Skull Crushing Finale for the three count. Balor has been eliminated, and the ref didn’t DQ Miz for Axel and Balor’s interference.
Braun Strowman is out next. The Miz backs out of the ring and looks like he wants to escape, so Strowman chases him down. Strowman chases Miz into the crowd, then throws Miz over the barrier onto the ringside floor. Strowman takes Miz back into the ring now and has his way with him. We see an interview with Finn Balor backstage where he says he’s glad the Miztourage will be locked out at Elimination Chamber. The Miz starts fighting back against Strowman in the ring, and hits some kicks on Strowman. Strowman comes back with a dropkick of his own, then Strowman chases off Axel and Dallas. The Miz capitlizes on the distraction with a Skull Crushing Finale, but Strowman kicks out at 2 with authority. Strowman clotheslines Miz down, then hits the running powerslam for the win.
Winner: Braun Strowman
– Braun Strowman does an interview on the ramp where he says he doesn’t fear the unknown, the unknown fears him. Strowman says he’ll win on Sunday just like he won tonight, and then he’s coming for Brock Lesnar. Strowman says at WrestleMania, Lesnar is gonna get these hands. Strowman says he has some unfinished business he needs to tend to, and then starts walking towards the ring. Axel and Dallas pull The Miz out to ringside, but Strowman is able to grab Axel and Dallas. He hits running powerslams on them, then he notices The Miz at ringside. Strowman hops out of the ring and chases the Miz to the back. Strowman gets him behind the curtain, and throws Miz back on the stage. He throws Miz down the ramp, then throws him in the ring. Strowman hits the running powerslam on Miz, then poses for the crowd. Strowman is about to leave, but he’s not finished yet. Strowman hits another running powerslam on Miz, then raises his hands before leaving.
– Asuka is shown backstage walking towards the gorilla position.
– Michael Cole says it’s his honor to introduce the latest inductee announced for the Hall of Fame: J-e-double-F J-A-double-R-E-double-T. We see a video package showing Jeff Jarrett’s WWF career highlights, including some of his early country singer videos. It then shows us some clips of Jarrett as Intercontinental Champion in WWE, and a couple brief shots of him in WCW.
– Asuka comes down to the ring and does an in-ring interview where she says she’s going to fulfill her destiny: Winning at WrestleMania. Asuka says she didn’t look so strong in their last match when she was limping away from the ring. Nia runs in and attacks Asuka from behind and beats her down. Nia hits a leg drop on Asuka and talks trash to her before leaving.
– We see a highlight video promoting Ronda Rousey coming to WWE.
– The Bar vs. Titus O’Neil & Apollo Crews: This one is a non-title match. Dana Brooke is at ringide. Titus and Apollo get the upper hand over Cesaro early on with some good double-teaming. Titus taunts Sheamus on the apron, then Crews tags back in. Crews knocks Sheamus off the apron, but then Cesaro hits Crews from behind and knocks him outside too. Sheamus beats down Crews at ringside, then back in the ring double-teams him with Cesaro. Sheamus hits a knee to the face for a two count. Cesaro tags in now and continues to work over Crews. Sheamus comes back in and hits a cheap shot on Titus, but Crews starts fighting back. Cesaro tags back in, and Crews throws Sheamus outside. Cesaro charges at Crews, but Crews catches him and rolls him up for the three count.
Winners: Titus Worldwide
– Titus, Apollo an Dana celebrate their win after the match, as The Bar throws a fit.
– We see dueling pre-taped promoes from Bray Wyatt and Woken Matt Hardy. Wyatt says at Elimination Chamber, Matt Hardy will burn. Hardy says Wyatt will be deleted at Elimination Chamber.
– Sasha Banks, Bayley & Mickie James vs. Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose & Alexa Bliss: Paige is at ringside for this one. Bliss and Mickie start off, but Bliss quickly tags in Deville. They lock up and go at it, and Deville slams Mickie. Mickie comes back and drops her, then Sasha tags in for the double team. Deville fights back and starts working over Sasha’s arm. Sonya backs Sasha into the corner and beats on her, then tags in Rose. Sasha hits a slam on Rose and takes her into the corner. Bayley tags in, but Rose comes back and hits Bayley with a slam. Rose whips Bayley with her hair, then Bayley unloads with strikes. Rose rolls outside for a breather and consults with Sonya and Paige. Back in the ring, Mandy turns it around on Bayley and slams her down face-first. Mickie tags in now and goes at it with Mandy. Mandy hits a suplex for a 2 count, then Sonya tags in and continues the offense. Mickie comes back with a flying head scissors, and both men are down. Sonya stops Mickie from getting a tag, and drags her back to her team’s corner. Bliss appears to refuse to tag in. Mandy and Sonya now double team Mickie, but Mickie comes back with a double neckbreaker. Banks gets the hot tag, and Bliss tags in and they start going at it. Banks hits a big kick on Bliss, then hits a knee. Sasha hits a flying double knees from the apron onto Sonya and Mandy. Back in the ring, Banks continues beating on Bliss. Sasha pins, but Mandy breaks the pin. Bayley runs in and takes out Mandy with a suplex. Bliss rolls up Sasha, but Sasha escapes. Banks misses a shot in the corner, but is still able to come back and catch Bliss in the Banks Statement. Bliss taps out, and Banks wins for her team via submission.
Winners: Sasha Banks, Bayley and Mickie James
After the match, Rose and Deville immediately attack the babyfaces. Bliss watches and doesn’t take part in the attack. Rose and Deville now turn to Bliss and corner her. Mickie runs in and saves Bliss. Mickie starts beating on Sonya and Mandy, and then Mickie and Alexa team up to hit a double team DDT on Sonya. Bliss and Mickie head up the ramp together as Paige, Deville and Rose look on from the ring as RAW goes off the air.
- Backstage News On WWE’s Plans For Roman Reigns After WrestleMania 34